Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busch Stadium






Next on the list was Busch Stadium in St. Louis. First Coors, now Busch. If I did Miller Park in Milwaukee I'd have the beer trifecta! I had one day off of work and no plans so I thought I'd head to the "lou" for a day. I work with a guy that is from there, and he looks like he came straight out of a Nelly video. Talks like it too ya dig? I asked him if he could eat just one meal from back home what would it be? He didn't take 2 seconds to tell me, "Pappy's BBQ". That's settled then. I'd been to St. Louis before and I'm quite fond of the place. The people are extremely friendly and they love their baseball. At the Rockies game there were twice as many empty purple seats as there were people filling them. That was at a night game on a Friday. Tuesday afternoon game in St. Louis was damn near sold out. I asked for a $20 ticket and was told the cheapest they had left was $21. No problem, should be a decent seat. Negative... second to last row of the entire stadium. I had a better view of the train station I arrived at than I did of the players. Still this is a great place to enjoy a ball game.

Pappy's was amazing by the way. As I walked towards it I saw an ambulance parked near the entrance. I knew the pulled pork sandwich I was about to eat would likely choke my arteries, but this place was serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment