Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coors Field






My first game of the year was at Coors Field in Denver. I wanted to save this park for later in the season because it's probably the easiest one for me to get to. The idea was to get some of the harder to reach parks crossed off first and save the easy ones for last. The season was almost a month old and with no parks under my belt and a rare night off for my friend Jason and I, we decided to check out a game. The Rockies have a section of bleacher seats in center field that they call the "rock pile". At $4 a ticket the sting of $7 beers isn't quite so bad. We stood in the box office line for most of the first inning hoping the rock pile seats weren't sold out. Not only were there tickets left, but it was their "guys night out" promotion. Rock pile seats were only $1. No joke, a ball game for a buck. Not a bad way to start my adventure. The game was mediocre, nothing too exciting happened. The two things that stand out about the stadium are the wonderful views of the rocky mountain range and that Coors Field sells Budweiser...

No comments:

Post a Comment