Thursday, July 8, 2010

PNC Park









From Cleveland I headed to Pittsburgh for a Pirates game. Pittsburgh is another place that I'd never been to and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. My impression of a blue collar steel town that had probably seen better days was quickly corrected as the bus from the airport headed towards one of the most beautiful skylines I've ever seen.

The bus dropped me off between several tall buildings. In the distance I saw a houses on top of a large cliff and decided I need to get up there because the view was sure to be amazing. I was not wrong. It took a couple of hours and much sweat to get to the top but it was well worth the effort. I still had plenty of time to make it down to the park in time for batting practice.

What a wonderful park it was. It's been many years since the Pirates have been any good, but based on asthetics alone this is the best team I've ever seen. The area the park was set it was so nice. So many wonderful views, a dedicated walking bridge to get to the park. It's a great city area to just walk around in. A $20 ticket got me a great seat just a few rows up from the right field foul pole but I quickly moved to the solitude of the upper deck to watch the game and enjoy the views. So far, including all the parks I've been to in the past, PNC is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment